LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe?
The field of use and efficiency of laser technology has the clearance of the FDA. Laser light does not contain radiation. There is no evident relation between laser light and risk of cancer. The use of protective eye glasses is enough for prevent the harmful effect of laser lights.
How is the Laser Hair Removal Performed?
Your Questions About Laser Hair Removal
Types of Laser Used in the Process of Laser Hair Removal
Nd YAG laser; it has 1064 nm wavelength of light energy. It is approved by the FDA in “treatment of venule and varicose vein” field. It is used for skin rejuvenation as well as hair removal.
Diod laser; it has 810 nm wavelength of light energy. It is approved by the FDA in “Laser Hair Removal” field. It is used with a cooling system.
Intense pulse laser (IPL); it has 500-950 wavelength of intense white light energy. It is used for hair removal and skin rejuvenation. The procedure of hair removal performed with the IPL is called photoepilation.
Photoepilation and laser hair removal are different in the methods they use and devices used in the procedure. However, there is no difference in number of sessions, intervals of sessions or the rate of efficiency.
How Many Sessions is Laser Hair Removal Performed?
Sessions are performed in 4-8 week intervals for the body, 4-6 week intervals for the facial area.
The time each session takes depends on the size of the area and speed of the laser which is generally fast. Application of laser to the armpit area takes a few minutes while it takes 30-40 minutes for the leg area.
Success Rate of Laser Hair Removal
Is Laser Hair Removal permanent?
Is Laser Hair Removal Painful?
Sometimes, local anaesthetic creams can be suggested for sensitive skin.
Side Effects of Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal for Males
Structure of hair in men and women is different. Men’s hair is thicker and darker. This increases the effectiveness of the treatment. There can be a reduction of 90% in the hair of male patients after Laser Hair Removal.
Who Should Not Get Laser Hair Removal?
What Should be Done Before and After Laser Hair Removal
- One should not use wax, nipper or epilator on the targeted area 20 days prior to the procedure.
- 3 days before the procedure, one should shave the targeted area with a razor blade.
- One should not apply whitening products to the hair in the targeted area.
- The skin colour of the targeted area should not be darker from the other parts of the skin.
- One should not go through procedures which hinder the uniform structure of the skin; like peeling in the last 15 days.
- There should not be any make-up products on the targeted area.
- The doctor should be informed if there is another cosmetic surgery (another laser process, Botox, filling, mesotherapy, and so on) on the targeted area.
The process is not performed on the patients who are on medication the creates sensitivity to light.
- After the procedure, the patient can go back to his/her daily life.
- The patient should use the suggested cream.
- Minor redness and burns on the area may be observed, but they vanish in 1-2 hours.
- If the skin colour is dark, there could be minor swelling. They vanish in 3-4 days without any other treatment.
- One should not use concealer products for 1 day.
- Warm showers can be taken after the procedure.
- The hair on the targeted area will fall in 3-10 days.
Slimming & Cellulite