Capillary Treatment by Laser
The selection of laser and application dose is critical in capillary treatments.
Frequently used lasers and wavelengths:
- 585 nm Pulsed Dye laser (PDL)
- 1064 nm Nd-Yag laser
- Intense light source with 550 nm IPL cut-off filter.
The proper device may be selected as single or combined applications depending on the region, width and density of capillaries.
- Number of Sessions: Laser treatment may require 1-3 sessions depending on the specific problem.
- Interval of Sessions: Session intervals are 4-6 weeks.
Prior to procedure:
- Bronze skins are not eligible for the procedure. Therefore, avoid sunbathing and solarium at least one month before the procedure.
- Stop taking aspirin or any other anticoagulant medications 5 days prior to any procedure.
- If you are taking any medication regularly or any other medication for any other reason, notify your physician at least 3 days before the procedure.
- Always report any disorder such as epilepsy.
- Shave the application area, if necessary.
Post-Capillary Treatment with Laser
- Redness or swelling may occur in the application area. It mitigates within 24-48 hours.
- Incrustation may occur. It may develop after IPL procedures. Short-term tone differences may be observed after the incrustation heals.
The most common cause of telangiectasias is photoaging (aging associated with UV exposure). Telangiectasias is also common in people with connective tissue diseases such as rosacea, liver disease or scleroderma, dermatomyositis and systemic lupus erythematosus. Taking chronic corticosteroids and pregnancy may also promote their development.
We treat telangiectasias with a vascular laser that targets these vessels, heats them and causes them to collapse. But that doesn’t mean we are getting rid of them. We simply close the blood vessels and they may open at some point again.
So, we are not talking about one-time treatment. Telangiectasias will require laser treatment for three to four sessions every three to four months. After that, you will need a touch-up treatment every six months whenever you need it.
Slimming & Cellulite