LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Is laser hair removal safe?
The field of use and efficiency of laser has the clearance of FDA. Laser light does not include radiation. There is no evident relation between laser light and risk of cancer. The use of protective eye glasses is enough for prevent the harmful effect of laser lights.
How is the laser hair removal performed?
The main concern is the interaction between the laser light and hair and pigment melanin which gives hair its colour. Laser light is absorbed by melanin without giving any harm to the skin. The absorbed light destroys the hair follicle and the hair is removed.
Your Questions About to Laser Hair Removal
Types of laser in the process of Laser Hair Removal
Nd YAG laser; it has 1064 nm wavelength of light energy. It has the clearance of FDA in the field of “treatment of venule and varicose vein”. It is used for skin rejuvenation as well as for hair removal.
Diod laser; it has 810 nm wavelength of light energy. It has the clearance of FDA in the field of “Laser Hair Removal”. It is used with the cooling system.
Intense pulse laser (IPL); it has 500-950 wavelength of intense white light energy. It is used for hair removal and skin rejuvenation. The procedure of hair removal performed with the IPL is called photoepilation.
Photoepilation and laser hair removal are different in their application method and devices used in the procedure. However, there is no difference in number of sessions, intervals of sessions or the rate of efficiency.
How many sessions is Laser Hair Removal performed?
Sessions are performed at 4-8 week intervals for body, 4-6 week intervals for facial area.
The time that session takes depends on the width of area and speed of the laser which is generally fast. Application of laser to armpit takes a few minutes while it takes 30-40 minutes for the leg.
The rate of success of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is efficient at the anagen phase. In general, 10-20% of the hair is at the anagen phase in an area. This percentage is intended in every procedure. So, the number of sessions varies among 4-8. With the regular sessions, 85-95% removal of unwanted hair is provided.
Is Laser Hair Removal permanent?
Re-growth of hair in the intended area is not possible after the procedure. But, it should be remembered that if there is any hormonal disease in the lifespan of the patient, the hair can grow again because of the hormonal disorder.
Is Laser Hair Removal painful?
Sometimes, the local anaesthetic crèmes can be suggested for the sensitive skins.
Side effects of Laser Hair Removal
Slight redness and burning can be observed; however, these symptoms vanish in 1-2 hours.
Laser Hair Removal for males
Structure of hair of men and women is different. Hair of men is thicker and darker and it increases the effectiveness of the treatment. There can be reduction of 90% in the hair of male patients after performing of Laser Hair Removal.
Who is not suitable for the Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal is not suitable for pregnant women, patients who have heart diseases, diabetes and high blood pressure, epileptic patients, patients who have skin diseases on the intended area. Apart from that, it is suitable for everyone who is above 12.
What should be done before and after Laser Hair Removal
- One should not use wax, nipper or epilator on the targeted area in the last 20 days.
- 3 days before the procedure, one should shave the targeted area with a razor blade.
- One should not apply whitening products to the hair in the targeted area.
- The skin colour of the targeted area should not be darker from the other parts of the skin.
- One should not apply procedures which ruin the completeness of the skin like peeling in the last 15 days.
- There should not be any make-up products on the targeted area.
- The doctor should be informed if there is another cosmetic surgery (another laser process, Botox, filling, mesotherapy, and so on) on the targeted area.area.
The process is not performed on the patients who use drugs which create sensitivity to the light.
Işığa hassasiyet oluşturan ilaç (Roaccutane, R.acid vb) kullananlara uygulama yapılmaz.
- After the procedure, the patient turn back to his/her daily life.
- One suggested crème should be used.
- Slight redness and burning on the area can be observed, but they vanish in 1-2 hours.
- If the skin colour is dark, there could be slight crusts or swellings, and they vanish in 3-4 days without any other treatment.
- One should not use concealer products for 1 day.
- Warm shower can be taken after the procedure.
- The hair on the targeted area will fall in 3-10 days.
Slimming & Cellulite